I've had the honor of photographing some really incredible weddings over these past seven years, my couples have allowed me to witness some really amazing memories made for them and the locations were breathtaking. I've decided to compile a little list of my favorite venues in and around Charlottesville, Virginia! These are ones I have photographed or they are on my dream list for future weddings (in no particular order!!) I hope you enjoy!!
1. Trump Winery. Hands down this is probably one of my biggest dream venues...not only are the views breathtaking but the wine is incredibly delicious and a MUST for your wedding day!! I feel in love with the location while meeting with a colleague for lunch, being a foodie I had to try their menu. Needless to say I was not disappointed! I am also all about the customer experience and they are on their A-Game when it comes to treating their guests to a great time at their winery. Friendly, Attentive and knowledgeable makes Trump Winery a dream venue for me and I'm hoping to photograph a wedding here very soon!!
2. Mt. Ida-The Lodge. I've had the pleasure of photographing a wedding here and it was AMAZING (I also will be back here again in 2018 with another wonderful couple!!!). If you want views of the mountains for your ceremony, a GORGEOUS barn reception and an amazing team to take care of you...then look no further-Mount Ida is just for you! It's steeped in History, has incredible views of the mountains and is nestled right in the heart of Charlottesville. There's options for lodging and you can dance the night away in their lovely barn with all your friends and family! I love as a photographer just how many options there are for portraits, endless places to create that special moment between you and your love:) If you haven't visited...you are missing out! Make a trip out there if you're looking for a great outdoor/indoor wedding space!
3. Pippin Hill. Probably one of the "Prettiest" Barns you'll find in the area, besides Mount Ida's- The Lodge. Another location with gorgeous mountainous views, yummy wine and impeccable service. Quietly nestled in Charlottesville as well, this is another dream wedding venue for me! It's classically gorgeous and really speaks to the high end bride who has a refined sense of style, match made in heaven!
4. The Market at Grelen. I've been here a few times and each time it made me fall in love with it more. The Green House is an amazing space for a wedding reception and the views are lovely too! It's tucked away in the hills with rolling fields and trees of all different kinds! It's a blank canvas waiting to be created into a masterpiece just for your wedding.
5. Rixey Manor. I've photographed numerous weddings here over the years and it's honestly like a home away from home for me. Isadora & Ben really make the venue, they are the most gracious of hosts and really make the experience! It's tucked away in the hills with lovely views of the mountains in the backdrop & since it's out in the country, you can party almost allll night long with no problem! You get the entire house for the weekend which makes it a top wedding destination in my book!
6. Morais Vineyards. This venue is a true hidden gem. It feels like you've stepped into an Italian Villa, it has a real European feel-making it an excellent choice for the elegant soiree. The open reception space and balcony overlooking the dance floor makes this a top spot for the elegant party with lots of portrait opportunities around the grounds!
7. Castle Hill. Charlottesville is THE PLACE for gorgeous, elegant barn weddings. So gorgeous I would call it a "Glarn"-Glammed up Barn. (yep I just made that up) Castle Hill is set in the rolling hills and is a lovely large White "Glarn" Barn. Looking for a country view but want a elegant feel? Look no further, they've got ya covered!
8. Keswick Vineyards. This Vineyard has it all, from the gorgeous venue space to the lovely grounds, it's a dream come true. Did I mention they have a pool? Any place that has everything you need in one place is perfection!!
9. Historic Whitehall Estate. Gosh I love this venue!! Not only do they cater (delicious food!!) but everything is so so pretty here. From the ceremony site, to the lovely Estate House, there's no shortage to pretty pictures. The staff are so sweet! Another historic venue with a gorgeous view, this is another must on your list of wedding venues!
10. Airlie. This is another hidden gem, a lot of people don't even know this gorgeous exists!! Tucked away in the outskirts of Warrenton, Virginia sits this gorgeous property and Manor House. It's lovely gardens and manicured lawns are the perfect place to say "I Do". It's elegant ballroom and historic property boost some pretty incredible backdrops for portraits. Everything is under one roof-Catering, Chairs, Tables....what else could you ask for in this one stop wedding venue!